The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional client experience as well as a financial success. The Assistant Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner to promote and foster the company culture with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing team consisting of Front Desk Receptionists, Porters, Personal Trainers, and Group Fitness Instructors.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all clients, prospective clients and guests and ensure team members follow superior customer service guidelines.
- Team ManagementSchedule team members and ensure all shifts are covered.
Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to Gotham’s values and goals.
Resolve team member issues or concerns.
Discuss team member disciplinary measures with the General Manager.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including: Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions. Check members into the system. New member sign-up. Take prospective members on tours.
Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Upsell memberships and add on services.
- Ensure proper cash handling.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of the gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of the facility including:
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds.
- Administer HR related forms and send them to the Corporate Human Resources Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any team member who is absent.
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed